Tondar's Daily Rant

Prepare yourself for the writings of Tondar the Destroyer, Baron of Atlanta, Rightful Heir to the Throne of Spain, from whom all babies come. As his will be blogged, so let it be done.

Friday, April 13, 2007

POOR DON IMUS

I tried to get into listening to Imus in the Mornings about 7 years ago. At the time I found him to be offensive and mean spirited. So instead of flying off the handle and protesting him, I simply turned off his show and didn't pay him any attention. Now he has finally been fired for that "Nappy Headed Ho" comment. Personally, I don't really care, and his replacement will most likely be better. I don't remember who said it, but my all time favorite moment on the show was when a guest went after Imus for being a "brain-dead coke-head." With assholes like that, they thrive on the name calling and meanspirited banter. However, it is a little ironic that as a morning DJ, his job was to say things that are offensive, shocking, and rude. And then when he does his job and says something that is offensive, shocking, and rude, people fly off the handle and demand his head in the name of political correctness. Did anyone ever consider just turning that garbage off?

Like I said, I'm not going to miss him. But I do find the irony of this issue de jour a bit hypocritical.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home