Tondar's Daily Rant

Prepare yourself for the writings of Tondar the Destroyer, Baron of Atlanta, Rightful Heir to the Throne of Spain, from whom all babies come. As his will be blogged, so let it be done.

Saturday, December 01, 2007

SPIELMAN AGREES WITH THE DAR

Spielman in the FreeP...

On the coaching candidates: I like Brian Kelly. He's won at every level, and he's an enthusiastic guy, and he's got ties to the state of Michigan and to the high school programs up there. He's well known throughout the Midwest, but I don't know. I mean, people wouldn't think Jim Harbaugh is ready and after those statements he made about Michigan and how they treat their athletes. I don't know if that burned some bridges or not, but he's an interesting guy.

On a dark horse candidate: I don't think it would happen and I know people say they want to shoot bigger than this, but just from the rivalry point of view, I mean it's Bo and Woody all over -- Glen Mason. But I don't think Glen would take the job, to be honest with you. Now I could be way off, but I know that he knows the Big Ten, he was able to recruit pretty well at Minnesota for having nothing to recruit to. And just think what that would do to the Ohio State-Michigan rivalry? That would take it to a whole new level.

of Course as Seth points out, "If you're gonna go with Mason, might as well just promote Mike DeBord." But we know that can't happen. DeBord is the man responsible for the "Point a Possession" offense.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home