Tondar's Daily Rant

Prepare yourself for the writings of Tondar the Destroyer, Baron of Atlanta, Rightful Heir to the Throne of Spain, from whom all babies come. As his will be blogged, so let it be done.

Wednesday, June 18, 2008

KATHERINE WATCH

As the student becomes the (toast)master...

Greetings everyone!

I hope you are all doing well! How is the weather where you are? It is 108 degrees here in Spain, but no humidity! Thank goodness!

Well, it has been a week already, and it is hard to believe. I love Spain so much that it feels like home to be back here. The trip is going well so far, minus a few bumps in the road.

We started in Madrid and and now adventuring up to Barcelona where we end on Saturday. I have sooooo many funny stories to tell you from this adventure! These kids are keeping me entertained with the things that come up, that is for sure! For starters, one student left his wallet with $500 and his debit card on the second flight we had on the way here. Thank goodness I am like a Mom to these kids and I hold the passports! Then we got to Germany where we had to go through customs and switch planes. I gave the kids 15 minutes to go to the bathroom, and WITH a chaperone (not me!!!) they exited the airport somehow. WHAT!!! I know! They had to hold the flight for us, and I had to go and get them, go through security again and get their butts on the plane. The German lady kept yelling at us and it was horrible! We arrived in Spain and one girl didnt get her luggage, and I had to spend an hour trying to get it.....and it wasn´t there......but a few days later she got it :) Then we have had a few sick kids, a few piercings that parents won´t be happy about, and a few other issues. This trip is work, not a vacation! But that is expected when I take 30 kids on a field trip across the world!!

Anyway, I took the kids on my own personal tour of Seville, the city where I used to live. I didn´t have enough time to see anyone I used to know when I was here years ago, so that was sad. It is hard to believe I was just there! (Jills and Sean....Jose Manuel still works at the Kiosko, but he wasn´t working when I was there.....but I got his digits if you need them!)

Other than that, Africa was fun for the kids. Morocco has changed over the years I have been there, and I can really tell that the tourism is picking up, which is good for them. The kids loved the live fire dancers and belly dancers at lunch along with the Moroccan cuisine. It was a great day of fun!!!

I hope you are all enjoying your summer!!! I am excited to be here, but I of course miss home too. It is a 24 hour job taking kids abroad!!!! But that is what made me want to be a Spanish teacher and study abroad, so if I can motivate or inspire just one of my students....then my job is done.

Miss you all!

Besitos!

Kat

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home