Tondar's Daily Rant

Prepare yourself for the writings of Tondar the Destroyer, Baron of Atlanta, Rightful Heir to the Throne of Spain, from whom all babies come. As his will be blogged, so let it be done.

Friday, June 13, 2008

LOOKING AHEAD TO FOOTBALL SEASON

So Mistress Angela and I have stumbled across a copy of NCAA Football 2004 for XBox. We've actually had a pretty decent time putting together our Notre Dame and University of Michigan teams. But this is just a temporary fix as we anxiously await the premier of Rich Rod. James has summed up our thoughts on the subject thusly...

Tondar and I haven't been this excited about a season in years. Stewart Mandel vowed that if OSU loses to USC, as a voting pollster he won't vote them back to a NC game even if they go 11-1. Talk about a non-conference game to watch, that could decided the championship there. And out here in Badgerland they hate OSU a lot, so they are a team with a target in the Big 10.

I hear Georgia is poised to make a championship run too, though I admit I don't know much about the state of the SEC this year. On paper USC vs Georgia looks like a good matchup.

Every Michigan coach starting with Fritz Crisler has had a winning season his first year, and every Michigan coach starting with Fritz has beaten OSU. Fritz, Oosterbam, Bump, Bo, Mo, Lloyd...they all did it. So I guess I expect (hope) Rod to do it too. I've been looking over the schedule, the opponents' schedules, changes, stats, and gazing into the spheres to try and see where we will end up this year. It is the great Known Unknown. I won't make my prediction for this season until August, I think.

Is it September yet?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home