Tondar's Daily Rant

Prepare yourself for the writings of Tondar the Destroyer, Baron of Atlanta, Rightful Heir to the Throne of Spain, from whom all babies come. As his will be blogged, so let it be done.

Thursday, October 16, 2008

REQUIEM FOR A BRUNETTE

Requiem aeternam dona ets, Domine,
et lux perpetua luceat ets.


I was always the one with the most particular taste in women. First envision that Spanish body with minimal curves. They should be tall, thin, and have long flowing dark hair. So how did Tondar bring this inevitable dream woman to fruition? He's marrying a blonde.

Every day at work, my boss will either make me listen to show tunes or Requiems depending on his mood. Personally, I enjoy the variations. Verdi's is almost like an opera in its size and vast musical timbre. Faure's is like listening to a choir of angels sing in their heavenly tongue. While Mozart's is a cathartic experience that captures the weakness of mortality. I think the Brunette's Requiem would fit this last category. I certainly had my chances with brunette's, but I was never going to force the issue. In my dreams she was an inevitable force of nature, and I was determined to let her come to me.

It's funny how things have played out. As a pragmatist of love, I could never imagine any one as perfect as blond Mistress Angela. I always figured that the Brunette would be as sweet and beautiful. But it's quite delightful to have somebody that exceeds your expectations. I have no problem accepting the better blonde.

So at this hour, without delay, pluck the vibrating strings one last time for the Brunette.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home